Sharing Our Streets
Our Facebook Page
Caversham and District Residents' Association
CADRA was established over 40 years ago and has become a widely respected voice for the community north of the river. Our aim is to "preserve and enhance the quality of life in Caversham and the surrounding District" or in other words that Caversham should always be:
‘a great place to live’
New members are warmly welcome — click here to join on-line
This website aims to provide a range of local information with quick links to the relevant detail on large official websites.
CADRA works closely with Reading Councillors and Officers, other local groups, the Police, local businesses and individuals and resolutely avoids party political bias.
We publish updates regularly on our Facebook page (which doesn't require a login to access)
- Consultation Results - a site for the Heights Primary School
- The process for requesting a Local Council
- CADRA AGM - Presentation by Melanie O'Rourke (Interim Head of Adult Social Care)
- CADRA Chair's report 2014/15.
- Reading buses: Closure of Reading Bridge (18-31 May)
- CADRA AGM 2015
The AGM will be held on Tuesday 12 May at 7.30 in the Caversham Baptist Centre and will be followed by a talk from the Head of Adult Social Care, Reading Borough Council.
- Extra care housing on the Arthur Clark/Albert Road site. End of April deadline for comments! More details...
The priorities for the NAG and the Neighbourhood Police Team are based on local surveys undertaken every two years. The next survey takes place until 5 July 2015 https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=142978119448
More information at http://www.cadra.org.uk/safercaversham.php
South Oxfordshire Local Plan 2011 - 2031: Refined Options February 2015
South Oxfordshire District Council has produced Refined Options in response to the Issues and Scope consultation last year which looked at how the next quota of housing to be provided by 2031 could be located.
Option F, which was to locate 6,000 homes on the outskirts of Oxford and Reading, has been rejected.
- The planning application for three tall towers on the Coopers site has now been submitted
- Timetable for consultation on the permanent site for the Heights School - see news.
- The Lions Club of Reading invitation to a free Prostate Cancer PSA test 11th March 2015 - see the events page
The application for the redevelopment of the St Martins Precinct has now been approved. The scheme will upgrade the precinct, which will link to a new public square - Caversham Square - and provide a larger Waitrose, a total of 40 flats, a cinema and improvements to the parking area. CADRA welcomes the regeneration and the new facilities, though we still have concerns about the effect on Church Street of some aspects of the design, especially the Pizza Express building, and the cut-back of the Holm Oak outside Costa.
- From RBC - Pedestrian and cycle bridge: Residents update 2
- Planned changes (problem, proposal, notice) to Highmoor Rd/Albert Rd junction. Replies to RBC needed before 4th November.
- CADRA Exhibition, 'Caversham in WWI'
- See the Planning Page for the latest: Monthly Planning List
- To see what's been added recently visit our: News Page