Sharing Our Streets
Caversham and District Residents' Association
CADRA was established over 40 years ago and has become a widely respected voice for the community north of the river. Our aim is to "preserve and enhance the quality of life in Caversham and the surrounding District" or in other words that Caversham should always be:
‘a great place to live’
New members are warmly welcome — click here to join on-line
This website aims to provide a range of local information with quick links to the relevant detail on large official websites.
CADRA works closely with Reading Councillors and Officers, other local groups, the Police, local businesses and individuals and resolutely avoids party political bias.
- The Lions Club of Reading invitation to a free Prostate Cancer PSA test 11th March 2015 - see the events page
The application for the redevelopment of the St Martins Precinct has now been approved. The scheme will upgrade the precinct, which will link to a new public square - Caversham Square - and provide a larger Waitrose, a total of 40 flats, a cinema and improvements to the parking area. CADRA welcomes the regeneration and the new facilities, though we still have concerns about the effect on Church Street of some aspects of the design, especially the Pizza Express building, and the cut-back of the Holm Oak outside Costa.
- News from RBC on The Heights School. We will be following the process carefully and will keep members informed at the relevant stages.
- From RBC - Pedestrian and cycle bridge: Residents update 2
- Planned changes (problem, proposal, notice) to Highmoor Rd/Albert Rd junction. Replies to RBC needed before 4th November.
- CADRA Exhibition, 'Caversham in WWI'
- See the Planning Page for the latest: Monthly Planning List
- To see what's been added recently visit our: News Page