Caversham and District Residents' Association
CADRA was established over 40 years ago and has become a widely respected voice for the community north of the river. Our aim is to "preserve and enhance the quality of life in Caversham and the surrounding District" or in other words that Caversham should always be:
‘a great place to live’
New members are warmly welcome — click here to join on-line
This website aims to provide a range of local information with quick links to the relevant detail on large official websites.
CADRA works closely with Reading Councillors and Officers, other local groups, the Police, local businesses and individuals and resolutely avoids party political bias.
Our Facebook Page
Sharing Our Streets
- CADRA AGM - 7:30pm, Tuesday 26th April at Thameside School - with a talk on CrossRail - all welcome.
- Future location of the Heights Primary School
A community newsletter has now been issued here with details of public exhibitions on 21 and 22 March. It explains how local people can express their views and gives a broad indication of where the school could be located on the playing fields.
- St. Martin's planning update: Hermes have now applied for permission to carry out the work in phases.
- Updates on Arthur Clark/Albert Road site - see our planning page
- Further consultation on reduction and changes to Library Services - see our news page
- Reading Abbey Revealed Project has been awarded a grant of £1.77 Million from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) - see pdf
- Woodcote Way Post Office - your thoughts on the proposed move
- Budget Cuts
Reading Borough Council needs to save a further £39 million over the next three years to 2019. Read more on our news page.
- Caversham Library
Among the savings proposed is a £600,000 saving for libraries. It is clear that this includes reductions and possible closures of local libraries. More information is available here.
- The process for requesting a Local Council
- CADRA Chair's report 2014/15.
- See the Planning Page for the latest: Monthly Planning List
- To see what's been added recently visit our: News Page