Caversham and District Residents' Association
CADRA was established over 40 years ago and has become a widely respected voice for the community north of the river. Our aim is to "preserve and enhance the quality of life in Caversham and the surrounding District" or in other words that Caversham should always be:
‘a great place to live’
New members are warmly welcome — click here to join on-line
This website aims to provide a range of local information with quick links to the relevant detail on large official websites.
CADRA works closely with Reading Councillors and Officers, other local groups, the Police, local businesses and individuals and resolutely avoids party political bias.
Our Facebook Page
Sharing Our Streets
We need your help
Every month CADRA prepares a list of current significant planning applications in Caversham and the South Oxfordshire parishes near to the Reading boundary, which is available on the CADRA website. It provides a valuable resource for many people.The list gives direct links to council webpage where plans and other detail can be viewed online, and the date by which comments should be submitted. http://www.cadra.org.uk/PlanningLists/170109%20.pdfWe are now looking for someone to take over the role of researching and collating the list. All the information required is available online. There is no need for any planning experience, just moderate computer skills and about four hours a month before each committee meeting. The work is an interesting way of keeping in touch with changes in Caversham and parts of Reading.
If this may be of interest to you, we can explain what is involved, and provide support as you become more familiar with it. Please email Helen.Lambert@cadra.org.uk to arrange a convenient time to talk.
- Residential development planning application for up to 245 residential dwellings CADRA submitted this response to both South Oxfordshire DC and Reading BC. It appears that SODC will continue to accept comments to 20 January 2017. RBC are to consider the application at the Planning Applications Committee 11 January 2017. The recommendation is that South Oxfordshire District Council be informed that Reading Borough Council OBJECTS to the application. http://www.reading.gov.uk/media/6576/Item14/pdf/Item14.pdf
- Community-led appraisal of St Peter Conservation Area
You can read about the background and explore some of source material here
- St. Martin's planning update: Hermes have now applied for permission to carry out the work in phases.
- Updates on Arthur Clark/Albert Road site - see our planning page
- Further consultation on reduction and changes to Library Services - see our news page
- Reading Abbey Revealed Project has been awarded a grant of £1.77 Million from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) - see pdf
- Budget Cuts
Reading Borough Council needs to save a further £39 million over the next three years to 2019. Read more on our news page.
- Caversham Library
Among the savings proposed is a £600,000 saving for libraries. It is clear that this includes reductions and possible closures of local libraries. More information is available here.
- The process for requesting a Local Council
- See the Planning Page for the latest: Monthly Planning List
- To see what's been added recently visit our: News Page