Sharing Our Streets
Our Facebook Page
Caversham and District Residents' Association
CADRA was established over 40 years ago and has become a widely respected voice for the community north of the river. Our aim is to "preserve and enhance the quality of life in Caversham and the surrounding District" or in other words that Caversham should always be:
‘a great place to live’
New members are warmly welcome — click here to join on-line
This website aims to provide a range of local information with quick links to the relevant detail on large official websites.
CADRA works closely with Reading Councillors and Officers, other local groups, the Police, local businesses and individuals and resolutely avoids party political bias.
We publish updates regularly on our Facebook page (which doesn't require a login to access)
- Emmer Green School Christmas Fayre, this takes place on Saturday 28th November, 1.30-4pm - poster
- 5th October: Updates to St.Martin's and Conservation Areas on our planning page
- Mapledurham Playing Fields annual Christmas Fayre is to be held on 6th December - see events.
- Open Meeting
The CADRA open meeting this autumn will be on the subject, "Energy Saving in the Home" and will take place 7.45 pm Wednesday 21 October at Caversham Baptist Centre. Read more on our events page
- Budget Cuts
Reading Borough Council needs to save a further £39 million over the next three years to 2019. Read more on our news page.
- Caversham Library
Among the savings proposed is a £600,000 saving for libraries. It is clear that this includes reductions and possible closures of local libraries. More information is available here.
- Extra care housing on the Arthur Clark/Albert Road site
New information on revised plans is available on our Planning page
- The process for requesting a Local Council
- CADRA Chair's report 2014/15.
- See the Planning Page for the latest: Monthly Planning List
- To see what's been added recently visit our: News Page